Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I Won!

Thanks for the votes! I won the quiet book- what a great Anniversary present! We were married 4 years ago today in the Jordan River Temple. Although we've only spent one anniversary together, we're already planning our celebration next year (rest assured it will include steak).  

Spending time apart has added a unique dimension to our marriage that I'm grateful for.  I can't say I'm grateful we're not together, but I am thankful for the experience of realizing how much we love and need each other.  As cheesy as it might sound, I really have learned to be thankful for every single moment we have together.  We're half-way through this deployment and we can't wait for our family to be together again.  

7 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Congrats on four years AND a quiet book! You're pretty fabulous.

Lindsey said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary!

Bryan and Rebekah said...

I am glad you won! I voted for you:)

Svedi Pie said...

I voted for you! So glad you won:) And Happy Anniversary!! :D

Anna said...

I usually read your blog in Google reader so I hadn't seen the cute new photos on your page. I love them :)

And I'm so glad you won, you are so deserving. Plus you're my friend, plus I think military wives deserve all the support we can give so I'm really excited to make your quiet book.

Let me know which letters so I can get started. I'll try to get it finished asap so you can have it right now, when you need it most--husbandless at church.

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!
You have such great wisdom and a great outlook on life! I am sure it's not easy being apart and I am sure its an adjustment when you are together!
Good Luck and I am so happy for you!

Lyndy said...

Hooray! i knew you'd win with that cute poem!