Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Homecoming

Well, Ephraim came home! When the 1st CAV soldiers come home they have a ceremony at the parade grounds with horses and everything. While we were waiting for the soldiers to arrive from the airfield, they let the kids go up and pet the horses. Ezra would have nothing to do with them. He just stared with this look on his face:

The soldiers pulled up on white buses and got into formation behind the buses and then the buses drove away, revealing the soldiers Extreme Makeover style. Then, they marched up and stood at attention for a really quick speech
Then the families were told to charge the field......
and we found him. Hurray!!!
So glad to have him back!

7 comments:

*Aliese* said...

AW!! This post gives me chills. :)

Lindsey said...

Chills and made me cry! Happy Homecoming!!

The Powells said...

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy being back together again. Merry Christmas!

Corley said...

I am so happy my best friend has her best husband back :)

Eli & Mandy said...

I know I haven't kept in very good contact, but YEA! Welcome home Ephraim and THANKS! I hope your family has a very Happy Holiday!

Candi said...

Welcome home. These homecomings always make me cry!

Cathy Roggia said...

Welcome Home Ephraim! We thought of you often and in our prayers. We'll see you soon at the San Antonio Temple. Merry, Merry Christmas. Rick and Cathy Roggia