Monday, July 25, 2011

Quick Rendezvous in Nauvoo

We took a short trip to meet up with my sis Lindsay and her family in Nauvoo. 3-day trips are about perfect for us, we decided. We were lucky to get to go the temple and see the Nauvoo pageant, complete with a pre-show pioneer fair. The boys loved the kids' pioneer games, seeing their cousins, and throwing rocks into the Mississippi river.





Max got to try the drums


Max really liked all the statues of Joseph Smith and wanted pictures with each of them


Posing with our ancestor, Israel Barlow


They were fascinated with the oxen


Before our wagon ride


We had to drag the boys away from the games


Max took this one of us at Carthage Jail


A hand-cart pull in honor of the pioneers, 2 strong dads and 4 delighted boys!

2 comments:

The Powells said...

how fun! We will only be 8 hours from Nauvoo once we're at Campbell - I know that 8 hours is a LONG drive with kids, but I'm sure we'll do it at least once :) I'm glad you guys had fun - how are you feeling???? Ready to pop?

Katie Laird said...

I think you might possess some of the funniest children I've ever seen/met. Well done.