Thursday, July 25, 2013

Greta Jane

Greta Jane arrived at 9:43 pm last Thursday, July 18.  She weighed 8lb 2 oz and was 20 3/4 in. long. She has really long fingers and toes and we were shocked that she has a lot of brown hair. All the boys are smitten with her although we can't figure out why Griffin calls her Baby Sue.  Here are some highlights of her first week:






 









 For those wondering about the birth-here's a timeline:
Thursday morning at 4:30ish-woke up with sporadic painful contractions that happened all morning
1:00ish pm- appointment with my midwife where she tells me its false labor and I'm still only dilated 1 cm.
5:00ish pm- contractions are now less than 5 minutes apart so we decide to go to the hospital
7:00ish pm- at the hospital they tell me I'm 7 cm so I get in the tub (planning to have a water birth)
9:00ish pm- have to get out of the tub for a possible placenta problem so the water birth won't happen
9:43 pm- Greta is born!  I"m thrilled to be done pushing because she was posterior (face up instead of face down) which basically means it was pretty terrible and I required lots of stitches...I'll spare everyone the graphic description.....we're delighted she's here in our family!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. That's so funny that she's called baby Sue. I love her actual name, though. I kind of want to steal it for another alliteration sort of name for my next daughter. Brunette girls usually turn out to be pretty great :)

BECKY said...

Sorry to hear about the roughness. :(. My 2nd was posterior and ooooooouch!! So glad she's here.... She is beautiful!

Charlotte said...

She is so cute! Congrats! Sorry you didn't get to birth in the water. It is awesome. We miss your family!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Congratulations!!! She is BEAUTIFUL! And I looooove her name. Absolutely gorgeous!

Nicole said...

I am so happy for you!! She is beautiful!! and Happy Late B day!!