Sunday, September 16, 2007

Max Goes to Nursery!!!

Today was a momentous day in my parenting career. Max attended nursery at church for the first time. Sitting in my meetings toddler-free I remembered why people go to church. When you can hear what people are saying, sometimes you actually learn stuff. Anyway, Max seemed to take pretty well to the whole nursery idea. He colored a page about clothes and picked out some stickers of the food he's thankful for (apparently, cheese, tortillas, rice, and meat were his top picks). And he also really seemed to enjoy the paper cup full of water they gave him. All in all, it was a successful day at church.



Before church.



After church.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, I am really looking forward to this day for Gracie. You give me hope :).

Lindsay said...

Max looks so grown-up and handsome in his Sunday best...I really miss you guys!

MaryAnn said...

Yay For Nursery!!
Yeah, there's nothing like nursery to help you remember the good things about church!!
Now just watch out for the attachment problems that seem to crop up now and again through the next few years!

Corley said...

FREEDOM! I'm sure it was a blessed day:) love you. miss you.

Thayne6 said...

We love Max!! He looks so cute. We can't wait to see you!

Jamie

Thayne6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thayne6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa Swenson said...

yay! for nursery.
I'm glad Max likes meat: Meat is Fun.
Hope you have fun at church. Maybe they'll call you to be a nursery leader ;)

Brandon and Natalie said...

Hurray for nursery! What a handsome boy!

Unknown said...

He is SO cute! I know how you felt that Sunday - I was so excited when Zach finally went to nursery! It's so nice to feel like there's a reason for going to church! Now we just can't wait for Danny to go - unfortunately we still have 6 more months! :(