Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Marathon Post....

The last few weeks have been a pretty crazy ride for us here at the Garner household. A few Saturdays ago we took advantage of Army Appreciation Day at Six Flags in Atlanta (we got in for free instead of the usual $49.99 each!). Between admission, $15.00 to park, and outrageously priced food ($7.95 for a slice of pizza?!?), I'm not sure how those Six Flags people sleep at night. Anyway, Max enjoyed the rides and the treats.

On the gondola ride.
Enjoying frozen lemonade.



The next part of our adventure was Ephraim's graduation from Infantry School. He did very well and graduated on the Commandant's List. We're very proud of him and all of his hard work.



Less than 24 hours after his graduation, Ephraim ended up in the ER, 8 hours later he was in surgery and now he is officially appendix-free. He was sad to say goodbye to his appendix after 25 long years together. Luckily, after an over-night hospital stay he was able to come home and for the past week he's been on 'convalescent leave' meaning he gets to stay home and lay around. He's getting really bored and keeps threatening to go for a run, the thought of which adds even more stress to my life. Getting on with the story, less than 48 hours after Ephraim came home from the hospital we were back at the ER, this time with Max for some respiratory problems. He spent one crazy night in the hospital which didn't slow him down at all and then he was quickly back to full-speed. Needless to say, after two ambulance rides, lots of Southern hospital food, and scores of doctors and procedures, we are thrilled to be settling back in to normal life. Our only regret is not having a picture of Max eating popsicles in his adorable mini-sized hospital gown.


The two sick boys who have now recovered, thankfully.




The best part of all this chaos was when Grandpa Garner came to the rescue. We desperately needed the help and Max loved having his own personal best friend for a few days. It was so nice to have him here for a quick visit and we really appreciated all of his help.


Here are some silly pictures of Max posing in the outfit he chose for himself the other day.


To top it all off, I'm pregnant.

6 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Wow! I'm glad you're all okay. I always love your pictures.
And wahoo!!!! Congrats!!!! I love how you just drop in the not about being pregnant as an afterthought.
Sometime soon I will remember to call you when it's not 11:12 pm Utah time.
Hope you're doing well. Tell Ephraim and Max hello for me.

Lindsay said...

I love the overalls with no shirt...he's becoming quite the little hillbilly! Yay for baby, too!

Smelsha said...

AHHHHH! Congratulations (nice way to sneak it in at the end there)! Glad everyone is doing well!

Tecia said...

HEather! I am sooo glad you found me! I've actually been checking people's links to try and find you. And I hung out with Stacey a few weeks ago...she was going to get me your phone number. Congrats on the baby! When's the due date? That is soo exciting! I didn't know you had moved. I'm bummed we didn't get to hang out before you left. Let's stay in touch this time.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Heather! Congratulations on a healthy family on on adorable Garner baby #2!! How far are you? How exciting!!! (This is Emily Ames from provo...by the way) :)

Stacey said...

Heather!!!!!! I'm glad Tecia found you, I just kept forgettin to get your number from shan to give to her. You're pregnant?! Awesome, congrats girl!