Friday, August 01, 2008

26 and Counting

Ephraim got to celebrate his 26th birthday this year with a delicious dinner of steak and ribs. My sister Lindsay and her husband Russell and son Calvin came to visit and helped celebrate.

Ephraim went outside his norm with his cake choice this year. Usually he chooses the gooiest, most disgustingly-excessively-frosted buttercream cake he can find but this year he opted for Lyndy's famous apple cake (well, we think it should be famous). Its heavenly.

The biggest surprise of the evening came when we were a few notes into 'happy birthday' and a life-flight helicopter landed 10 feet from our yard. We felt bad our neighbor was injured (we're still not clear about the situation) but it sure made for an exciting end to the party.

3 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Happy Birtday Ephraim!
ParabĂ©ns pra vocĂȘ
Nesta data querida
Muitas felicidades
Muitos anos de vida

I was clapping, too.

Hilary said...

Okay, when I saw the helicopter picture I was like, "no way! what a cool birthday present! a helicopter ride!" And then I read the caption.

My bad!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

You had a fun evening with helicopter and all!