Friday, November 07, 2008

In response to the tags....

Thanks to everyone who has recently tagged me.  I'm honored that you're interested in more of my random quirks.  However, I thought I'd mix things up a bit and share 6 random things about my amazing husband, Ephraim.  

1. He has a ridiculously high pain tolerance (as in, walking around for YEARS with injuries)
2. He reads his Fundamentals of Applied Electromagnetics textbook for fun on a regular basis
3. He hasn't parted his hair since 5th grade
4. He'll eat anything if its pickled (this is a direct quote)
5. He would name a child Alora Dannon Garner if I let him (yes, from Willow)
6. He got promoted to first lieutenant this week.  Hurray! The boys and I are very proud of him and his willingess to work so hard to support our family and serve his country. 

Me putting on his new black bar.

Yes, it was a very sunny day and yes, Max is saluting.


During the ceremony.


12 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congrats on the new promotion!

By the way, I love the new pictures on your blog. You have an adorable family!

The Powells said...

Congrats! We miss you guys - I'm glad that you've got lots of nice sunshine to enjoy, its getting pretty cold here!

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

what is it with men wanting to name their chilrdren from charactor names from movies? LOL! Love the pics (meant to tell you that the other day!)

Erin Bigler said...

Ha! I had Kaia on the list of girl names this last go round.

Thayne6 said...

Way to go Ephraim!! We love you and can't wait to see you soon!!!!
--Jamie

Lindsay said...

Yay for the promotion...good job, Ephraim! And may I add a quirk about him: Ephraim is the only person I know that actually loves the really thick, rich frosting on cakes - if I remember correctly, he'd rather have that than the actual cake. I guess someone has to like it. =)

Smelsha said...

Ooh, nice new pictures. Heather, you look so skinny!

Congratulations Ephraim! I'm surprised Heather won't go for Alora Dannon...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I glad to see that yo family is doing so well.

The Lairds said...

Congrats to Ephraim. You guys all look great! It looks like it's still pretty warm down there. We're starting to get colder weather up here. I'm so excited! I love wearing sweaters!

Unknown said...

That's exciting! It's fun to find out more about your hubby. Sounds like you're a lucky girl.

BTW Heather, you look GREAT in the family pictures!!

The kids' Halloween costumes were so cute!

Sara said...

It was good to see you guys again! I hope your vacation was fun. I haven't seen a sweatshirt. Sorry. Hope you find it! :)

Nicole said...

Congratulations on the promotion! IT sounds like you are really happy and have a great guy!

I am still waitting to hear when I get to see you!!!
Love ya!
And by the way you look great!