Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ode to the 40-oz Porterhouse (for two)


We have a lot of great holiday pictures to post but I'll catch up next week after Ephraim has deployed.  For now, a picture to illustrate Ephraim's amazing Christmas gift to me.  Most of you know how much I love steak. Well, Ephraim planned a surprise evening out to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse which was hands-down the most incredible meal of my life.  If you haven't eaten one of their deliciously-buttery-and-ridiciously-tender steaks, PLEASE make a point to eat there someday.  You will thank me.  And I have to thank my thoughtful husband for a great gift and my in-laws for taking care of the boys for us. 

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

40 oz? Sounds pretty dang impressive! You definitely should have taken a photo of it. I, too, am a lover of all things beef.

Corley said...

i love this picture- I wanna see the other ones!

Hilary said...

I'm curious how you like your steak cooked! Medium rare? Bleeding?

The Powells said...

YUM! I miss American food! I'm glad that you two got to enjoy an evening out alone before he leaves. Good luck with everything and if you need to chat or kill time, just email me and I'll give you a call! I always have things to talk about (even if it's nothing!).

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

It's always nice to go out to eat with your hubby! I know about the stress right before deployment. It will get better afterwards and the 2 kids will keep you busy, mine do!!