Monday, March 30, 2009

Cake and Other Happenings

Ezra was delighted to have his very own 3-tiered birthday cake.  As you can tell, it wore him out but he sure ate a lot.  

Ezra and one of our sister missionaries, Sister Clark, share a birthday so we celebrated together.

Here we are before church last Sunday.  Max's new hobby is photography and he's getting pretty good at taking pictures of me and Ezra (as well as lots of pictures of walls, counters, and other really random objects found around the house at his eye-level).




Here's Max showing off his new watch and his new haircut.  


Ezra with his new birthday wagon (thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) and one of his new birthday hats. 


And finally, a very random shot of me posing in front of George W.'s hometown, Crawford, which isn't far from us.  When my mom was here we explored this area and even got to eat at one of George W.'s favorite cafes (we tried the GIANT baked potatoes smothered in chicken fried steak, gravy, and cheese...that's another story). Isn't this the most classic Texas picture ever? Cactus, George W. paraphanalia, big truck in the background, and of course, the Texas flag painted on the side of a building. Welcome to Texas, my friends.  

P.S. My door is always open to visitors if you'd like to sample the Texas-style baked potatoes for yourselves.  

9 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Adorable pictures! It looks like Ezra really enjoyed the cake. Your boys are so handsome!

Vanessa Swenson said...

This was a most excellent blog post. I'm very impressed by Max's photography skillz.

I remember Katie having a similar picture from her time in Texas.

MaryAnn said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already! I would love to come try out that baked potato :D but mostly I would love to come visit! The picture of Ezra and his cake reminds me of Matilda and the fat boy eating the chocolate cake...by the end he was about done in too...Ezra has that look too! I miss you Heather and your boys are growing so fast! Lucy loves photography too and we've got ourselves quite a collection of eye-level shots as well! Happy Birthday Ezra!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

The kids look so handsome dressed for church.

Corley said...

Heather-you look great! and I'm totally coming to texas to try the ginormous baked potato! :)

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

Im just now catching up on everyone! love the pic of you, you look great!
I cant get over Ezra being 1 year! I sure miss you guys, the warm weather and our walks... that wagon sure would have been helpful on some days! LOL

Hilary said...

Reading about that giant potato made me feel a little nauseated, but maybe that's because I'm still digesting my dinner from "Big Jud's".

Love the Texas photo! You are hilarious.

Happy birthday Ezra! ps, my sis-in-law LUVS that name and plans to use it too. Trendsetter you :)

Lindsey said...

It is eery how much Ezra looks like Ephraim!! Such cute boys!

The Lairds said...

so fun!!! what a super duper fun cake!!! He and max a so cute. :)