Saturday, August 22, 2009

In case you were wondering....

....we had an awesome summer. Brace yourselves for the re-cap!

Our 6-week-long trek West began when my dear friend Corley and her cute boy Asher flew in to help me drive over to Arizona. We enjoyed the Riverwalk and Alamo in San Antonio and had great time watching the 3 crazy boys roughhouse together. The pool was a big hit. Not only did Corley volunteer to help me on a really long car ride but she even mowed my lawn while she was here. I couldn't ask for better friends. Thanks again Core!!! Come back soon!

The next stop for us was my sister Lindsay's house in Arizona. We celebrated the 4th of July together (here's a shot of me and Ezra looking patriotic) and tried to beat the heat at lots of fun pools and with lots of yummy treats (Ezra's ice cream melted a little too fast for him I guess, hence the goatee). We got to meet cute baby Mason and go to his blessing. Thanks for having us, Lindsay and Russell!

My mom was kind enough to make the drive from Arizona to Utah with us. Had she known how much vomit was going to be involved, she might've thought twice about it. Here's hoping Ezra grows out of his carsick phase soon. Anyway, we made it to Utah to my parent's house and we were lucky enough to get to spend time with lots of grandparents, cousins, and friends.

We went for a hike and picnic at Silver Lake up Cottonwood Canyon. The boys loved it and I can't wait to send them on Father/Son Campouts with their dad.

These two crazy guys had a blast in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard and got to share lots of chocolate donuts with Grandpa.

My sister Jamie invited us to Lagoon with her family and it was a hit. Max couldn't get enough of the kiddie rides and Ezra loved the waterpark.

The dollar I spent for these crazy teeth was easily the best dollar I've ever spent.

We toured the gorgeous Oquirrh Mountain Temple (we're posed by the painting my brother did for the Open House) and also headed to Thanksgiving Pointe's farm where Max discovered he LOVES to ride ponies. Any chance you'll settle for a pony instead of a dog, Ephraim???


After almost a month in Utah, we headed back home to Texas, this time accompanied by my great friend, Katie. Like I said, I really couldn't ask for better friends. So, thanks again for taking time out of your busy summer to be with us, Katie! Katie got the royal tour of Texas. We went to our favorite museum in Waco where they had a cool DaVinci exhibit, ate great barbecue, visited the sights in San Antonio, explored the state capital, watched the famous Congress Bridge bats (1.5 million of them go out every night), and even took an improptu trip to Corpus Christi beach.

The boys would've played in the sand and water forever. Katie couldn't get over how much they enjoyed being dirty.

Our last special treat was a scrumptious breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. I'm pretty impressed with Max's photography skills on this one. Thank you for coming and having so much fun with us, Katie!


And that wraps up the summer I guess. We're pretty thrilled that Fall is around the corner and that December is getting closer and closer!

6 comments:

The Powells said...

I'm so glad that all of your travels have been so much fun (minus the barf). I wish we could get together since both guys are gone at the same time, but a large body of water separates us...I can't believe how BIG Ezra is getting! We miss you guys!

*Aliese* said...

Ezra's smile melts my heart! What a sweetie. And I must say, I'm pretty impressed with Max's photog skills as well! Pretty sure he's got a knack for it. I bet it was great to see Katie; she's become quite the traveler! I may be a bit jealous. :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun! It looks like you have stayed busy and have had a great summer. How wonderful you have such good friends and family to help you out so much.

Bryan and Rebekah said...

So much traveling! I am jealous! Looks like your little family had so much fun. It does sound like you have some awesome friends.

Corley said...

hearing you list everything out makes me wonder about your sanity level:) You are indeed wonder woman...and i love you. :) we'll come visit soon...you can come visit us in Georgia too!!!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I bet you and the boys had a blast with family and visiting new places. I am ready the end of the year also!