Thursday, August 02, 2007

Machine Guns!!!


Ephraim's company is in the field and today they invited all the wives to come visit the range and try firing the machine guns. Before today, I'd never fired any kind of gun so Ephraim thought this was a great way to break me in. In case you're wondering, this was live fire, not blanks. I'm not sure if I hit any targets but it was an adventure (wearing the body armor , eye protection, ear plugs and kevlar helmet was an adventure in and of itself!) It was fun to experience what work is like for Ephraim everyday. By the way, no new camera yet but our good friends the Powells took some great pictures for us. Thanks you guys!

Here's the rambo pose.

All I had to do was pull the trigger and stay out of the way of the burning brass!

Ephraim had to make sure my oversized helmet didn't fall off.



Not sure you can see the smoke really well but we had to 'cease-fire' for a while after this fire started nearby. Luckily, I didn't cause it.


Ephraim and his friend Steve posing as Infantrymen.

3 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

That's quite the way to break you into guns. You look tuff in the gear.

MaryAnn said...

It's so great to see that you are having a good time there. I have to say that you look so cute down there on the ground with your handsome husband to help you!!

MaryAnn said...

Oh and Max is getting so big! Lucy misses him too!